HOW DO YOU TELL WHICH CAUSE IS WHICH, AND HOW DO YOU KNOW IF YOU HAVE VASCULAR CONGESTION?
- Pigmented dark eye circles show up like brown spots (similar to freckles)
- Structural causes means you can see hollows or protrusions causing shadows on the face.
- Vascular congestion shows up as a reddish/bluish/purplish discoloration, totally unlike the two above. Remember that this is the most common single cause, so if you find that you have this, you’re not alone. Just don’t do fillers for this problem!
Dark eye circles have a combination of causes, with a recent clinical study showing that more than 80% of dark eye circles in one population had vascular congestion combined with another cause. Most people will need vascular lasers to treat part of the problem, in combination with other pigmentation lasers. However, this part is very important: not every vascular laser will help with dark circles! The bright yellow vascular laser does NOT help with dark eye circles because these lasers (such as the Pro Yellow or Dual Yellow) only target surface blood vessels, which is unlike the deep and large vessels that cause dark circle formation. Usually, longer wavelength long pulse lasers like the YAG or Diode lasers are required. If you have done Dual Yellow lasers for your dark eye circles and never had any effect, you now know why.
Now that you understand that there are DIFFERENT types of vascular lasers, it might interest you also that there are also:
- Various pigmentation lasers, including picosecond, nanosecond and long pulse options
- Lasers that can correct structural deformities such as tear troughs and eyebags! – these are discussed more under the SmoothEye treatment
Basically, this BrightEye combination laser treatment will treat all the different causes of dark eye circles.
"We approach the problem by first looking at the multifactorial reason behind it. The combination laser approach ensures each cause is tackled separately and synergistically. We carefully chose the different lasers to ensure that they best complement each other. With properly administered treatment, the results will be long-lasting as well as cost-saving in the long run."